Robertsons Unichem Pharmacy provides prescription services against any legal Doctors/Dentist/Midwife/Nurse Script.
We dispense your prescription according to the professional requirements required by the Ministry of Health, Pharmaceutical Society of New Zeland, the subsidy requirements of the Pharmaceutical Schedule and our contract with the District health Boards.
Our waiting times vary between 10 – 20 minutes and we ensure that all the following checks are completed on the script.
- Make sure it includes all the information we need about the customer and their medicines
- Make sure that the customer receives the maximum funding entitled to
- Make sure that the medicine, the dose and the instructions are right for the customer
- Make sure that the medicine will not react with anything else the customer is taking
- Check for possible side effects that the customer should be warned of
- Ring the customer’s doctor if we have any concerns
- Update and maintain individual medicines record
If we do not have your medicine in stock, we will source it locally if possible. Otherwise we will have it ready for you the next day.
Please note: We don’t charge you to have have prescriptions faxed through from your doctor to either of our pharmacies (doctors charges may apply however – please check with your surgery)
Pharmacists are experts in their fields, who you can trust to give the best advice about your medicines and your health.
Your rights and responsibilities
We wish to provide professional pharmacy services to all our customers. If you wish to to complain about our service please ask to speak to the Pharmacist in Charge.